Ever notice how some songs have and alternate, parenthetical title? Here are ten examples from my collection.
1. Remember (Walking In The Sand) – Aerosmith
2. Istanbul (Not Constantinople) – They Might Be Giants
3. (Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay – Otis Redding
4. Brandy (You’re A Fine Girl) – Looking Glass
5. Tell Me (That Our Love’s Still Strong) – Southside Johnny
6. There’s A Moon In The Sky (Called The Moon) – The B-52′s
7. Pride (In The Name Of Love) – U2
8. Can’t You See (You Doin’ Me Wrong) – Tower of Power
9. Your Love Is (Love Song With Metaphor) – Lager Rhythms
10. You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night) – Meat Loaf
And as a special bonus parenthetically titled song, there’s one you may not have realized was that way:
I Got You (I Feel Good) – James Brown
Have you ever heard anyone call this song anything but “I Feel Good”? I haven’t. Some of the titles above are said in full, as if the parentheses weren’t there at all, others basically have two different titles. Maybe they didn’t want to choose. Whatever works, I suppose.