I meant to post this over the weekend, but didn’t manage to get to it. From the Inbox:
Please join a diverse panel that will discuss
Effective Grassroots Advocacy from Multiple Perspectives
- Hon. Debra Danburg, Former Texas State Representative for HD 137
- Jim Boyle, Public Utility Lobbyist and Attorney (www.herreraboylelaw.com)
- Bee Moorhead, Executive Director of Texas Impact (www.texasimpact.org)
- Harvey Kronberg, Editor of Quorum Report (www.quorumreport.com)
Panelists will discuss
- Examples of Effective Grassroots Legislative Strategies
- Examples of Ineffective Grassroots Legislating Strategies
- How Competing Interests Impact Grassroots Lobbying
- How Grassroots Legislative Campaigns are Perceived by Media, Lawmakers and Business Interest
Followed by a group Q & A
All Houston area non-profit organizations and individuals are invited to the Houston Area Table meeting.
Brown bag lunch. Invite a friend. Free to attend.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 11:30 am
Reserve your seat today!
Located at the United Way at 50 Waugh Houston TX, 77007
Networking will begin at 11:30 and discussion will begin promptly at noon.The Houston Area Table (HAT) is dedicated to fostering communication and cooperation among Houston area organizations and non-profits. Beginning in 2010 HAT meets monthly on the third Tuesday at the United Way. There will be no meeting in July.
I plan to go just for the opportunity to pester Harvey Kronberg, but your mileage may vary. See you there.