As I noted in my previous post about contested Democratic primaries in Harris County, I have also created a page for contested primaries elsewhere in Texas. Many of the same notes and caveats exist for this page as well:
- This page is for contested Democratic primaries outside Harris County only. As with the Harris County page, I will fill in the other races after the primaries.
- My source of information for these races was the TDP 2012 filings list, which notes that it is not comprehensive. If you are aware of any omissions or errors, please drop me a note or leave a comment and let me know.
- I’ve included information on races for Congress, SBOE, and the State House; there are no contested primaries for State Senate as far as I know. I’ve also included the Travis County DA race, as this will undoubtedly be of interest to people.
- Needless to say, the races and candidates may be subject to change, depending on what SCOTUS says and what happens in the second filing period. I will make updates as needed later.
- I have included website information for candidates where I could find it. This early in the cycle, not everyone has websites up yet. I will try to keep an eye on things and update as needed, but again by all means let me know if I’ve missed something.
- For the most part, I don’t expect to do interviews with these candidates, though there are a few races where I’d really like to. Time and my ability to reach candidates permitting, I may sneak a few in. I can’t make any promises, this is going to be a heavy enough lift as it is. I will try to do a few after the primaries – if I’m lucky, I’ll catch some folks while they’re here for the Dem convention in June.
- As with Harris County, I will not be creating a similar page for the contested GOP primaries. Life is too short.
I think that about covers it. As always, let me know if you have any questions or comments about the new page.