There are many songs to express one’s romantic feelings for one’s partner on Valentine’s Day and to help put one’s partner in the mood for love. These are not ten of those songs.
1. If You Want Me To Love You – Asylum Street Spankers
2. All Lovers Are Deranged – David Gilmour
3. Ant In Alaska – Liz Phair
4. I Hold Your Hand In Mine – Tom Lehrer
5. Big Bottom – Paul and Storm
6. Bloody Mother F**king Asshole – Martha Wainwright
7. Lyin’ Ass Bitch – Fishbone
8. I’m So Sick Of You – Weird Al Yankovic
9. Shorty’s Gal – Austin Lounge Lizards
10. Serves You Right To Suffer – John Lee Hooker
“Big Bottom” is a cover of the Spinal Tap classic. Weird Al, of course, has many unromantic songs in his repertoire. “Shorty’s Gal” is basically a recasting of the well-loathed Bobby Goldsboro classic “Honey” to make the relationship between a “professional gal” as they put it in the intro and her customer. As for “If You Want Me To Love You”, well, I’ll let the song speak for itself:
Now isn’t that sweet? Happy Valentine’s Day. Please don’t dedicate any of these songs to your loved one.