There are a lot of songs out there whose titles are just the name of a woman. I’m going to go through the ones I have in my collection.
1. Alison – Tufts Beelzebubs
2. Alma – Tom Lehrer
3. Amanda – Aisha Duo
4. Angela – Jarvis Cocker
5. Aunt Avis – Widespread Panic
6. Bertha – Los Lobos
7. Bijou – Asylum Street Spankers
8. Billie Jean – Big Daddy
9. Bobby Jean – Bruce Springsteen
10. Carmelita – Jackson Browne and Warren Zevon
I tried very hard in making these lists to stick to songs whose title is just the name – no adjectives or descriptive phrases included. I did decide to let titles like Aunt slide through, since they’re clearly part of a name. It’s all a judgment call, and as is always the case with lists like these, I make no claim of consistency.