The new Congress was sworn in last week, and the Texas Legislature reconvened this week. This seemed like an appropriate occasion for a Friday Random Ten.
1. (You’re Not The) Boss Of Me – They Might Be Giants
2. One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer – John Lee Hooker
3. The Deal (No Deal) – from “Chess”
4. Re: Your Brains – Jonathan Coulton
5. What A Fool Believes – Doobie Brothers
6. Stick It Where The Sun Don’t Shine – Nick Lowe
7. Suits Are Picking Up The Bill – Squirrel Nut Zippers
8. Easy Money – Billy Joel
9. Sh*t Got Crazy – A.Dd+
10. Stupid Texas Song – Austin Lounge Lizards
I think that about covers it. I managed to refrain from including “Send In The Clowns” (by Mel Torme), but just barely. What songs would you dedicate to the legislative body of your choice?