Time for a quick visit back to my old hometown for this week’s musical geography.
1. Snow In Austin – Ellis Paul
2. Staten Island Hornpipe – Flying Fish Sailors
3. St. Louis Blues March – Glenn Miller
4. Staten Island Baby – Black 47
5. Streets of Bakersfield – Beau Jennings
6. Streets of Laredo – Johnny Cash
7. Summer, Highland Falls – Billy Joel
8. Sweet Old Chicago – Roosevelt Sykes
9. TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) – MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees
10. Tupelo Honey – Gordian Knot
Who knew there was even one song about Staten Island, let alone two? It’s not even technically a city – well, it was before 1898, but that’s another story – but still. Staten Island, represent! Do you have a favorite song about your hometown?