- Davetta Daniels, who ran for HISD Trustee against Paula Harris in 2007 and 2011
- Sue Deigaard, who has been active in matters relating to public education funding
- Louis Evans, UH-D Executive Director, Distance Learning and former HCDE Board member in Position 4, Precinct 3
- Rey Guerra, engineer, community activist, and guest blogger
- Traci Jensen, 2012 candidate for SBOE 6
- Mubeen Khumawala, a former teacher at YES Prep who is now a project analyst for Deloitte
I know Sue, Rey, and Traci, and think any of them would be fine. Stace is supporting Rey Guerra; as he notes, the current Board lacks Latino representation. According to the Board Vacancy FAQ, the successor will be chosen at the next HCDE Board meeting on May 21. If you have a preference, you might want to contact your precinct Board member and the two remaining At Large members (Diane Trautman and Debby Kerner) and let them know.