We are at the All Star Break, and to my amazement, I have never done a Friday Random Ten based on “star” songs. I’m going to rectify that this week and next.
1. Star – Stealers Wheel
2. Star (of the County Down) – Enter the Haggis/Gordian Knot/Flying Fish Sailors
3. Star Counting – Cheyenne Medders
4. Star Dust – The Hot Club of Cowtown/Glenn Miller
5. Star Me Kitten – Blitzen Trapper
6. Star Spangled Banner – U2
7. Star Wars – Moosebutter
8. Star Wars Medley – Lager Rhythms
9. Stardom In Action – Pete Townshend
10. Starlight – Taylor Swift
Did I mention that when Olivia asks me to buy music for her that I do it through my copy of iTunes and my own iTunes library? In case you were wondering why I have Taylor Swift in my collection. Both “Star Dust” and “Star Of The County Down” have as many formattings of their title as they do artists’ renditions of them – “Star Dust”, for example, appears both as one word and as two. Next week will be the songs that have the word “Star” somewhere other than the first word in the title.